Apologies- sorry for the delay in a new post…I’ve been putting this off. Mostly because I didn’t know HOW IN THE WORLD I was going to whittle this down. So, second apology….I’m sorry this is so long. This is the shortest I could do! I just love this kid so mucho!
Meet the Mischief Maker of the house. He is a sweet tea lovin, carbaholic, who only likes to go grocery shopping if he gets a donut, a bolillo (little loaf of bread), or gets to see PePe (the blow up parrot who was tragically murdered a few weeks ago…we told him PePe died….just didn’t go into the graphic slashing details. He’d be devastated. We’ll give him the real story when he’s older.) He loves fiercely, loves to give squeezes, and will only give kisses if he feels like it. With his infectious laugh and daring spirit, he is our STRONG WILLED CHILD. To anyone who says that a child cannot have already developed an opinion by the ripe age of TWO, I challenge you.
Mr. Matius Lee McMay was born September 9, 2014…even though he wasn’t due until October 11, 2014.
Matius came into this world on his own terms and has not let us forget that the terms are his since then. If you care to read about his birth story, you can do so here: Birth Story
Our parenting style with him has changed from “with an iron fist” to that of “negotiating with grace” (or choosing our battles). He needs to feel that he has a say. I wonder where he got this from because it couldn’t POSSIBLY have come from his mother….. 😉 Must be a first born child thing….
From the minute he was born, he had his mommy and daddy wrapped around his finger. But ultimately, he’s a true mamas boy. There is no one in this world quite like mama.
He loves his mama and daddeeee sooo much but there are several other important people and things in his life. This is by NO means an exhaustive list. I do not mean to leave anyone out but if I named EVERY single important person in this kid’s life, we’d be here forever. So here are just a few:
Matius is a total animal lover! He loves his “puckies,” Riley, Cooper, Tinker Bell, and Hunter. First thing every morning, he wants to let them out of their crates. He is especially loving the little ones right now because they are his size. He and Cooper have a very serious love hate relationship. He loves him….until Cooper snatches his food….and then it’s World War THREE up in here!!!
There are some really special and important men in Matius’ life. All grandfather figures
This kid like SERIOUSLY LOVES our neighbor, Leo. As soon as we pull down our road he starts chanting “Leooooooooooooo” it’s just about the cutest thing ever. Leo is Matius’ Texas grandpa since both of his grandfathers live in Illinois (way too far away!)
Now, how does one win over a strong will child so completely? It’s simple….POPSICLES. The kid is a sugar fiend.
The next person is his PaPaw- Michala’s dad. Matius LOVES to call his PaPaw on video chat and talk to him on his way home from daycare.
And last but not least, we have Papa (confusing right?) 🙂 Matius sure loves him and thinks he’s the funniest guy around. He especially loves when we go to the beach!!!
There is not a section big enough for the next two. Uncle Roy and Aunt Zizi. (Roy and Elizabeth) My heart explodes thinking about the love between these three. It is incredibly. Matius was so tiny when he was first born and we were afraid to put him in daycare right away. So, Elizabeth watched him for the first three months of his little life. This is what started an incredibly beautiful relationship between these two. Eventually, she met Roy and Matius approved almost instantly. Roy had never even held a baby before Matius… 🙂 These two could turn this little guy’s worst day into the best day ever in just a matter of seconds. Matius especially loves when they play their guitars or piano or he can run around naked at their house and water the garden.
Next up we have Sheri aka Shedi and Auryana aka NANA. He immediately asks for Nana when I pick him up from daycare. And he loves to ask Shedi for things! 🙂 The love here is just incredible. Auryana and Matius definitely act like siblings already!
Oh, and this boy LOVES cheesing for the camera!!!
A few random things he loves:
- Swinging with mom and dad- what kid DOESN’T love this?
2. Stealing mama’s cup for a drink…even when he has his own!
3. Snapchat….enough said.
4. Bubbles! Even eating them!
5. Throwing Texas size tantrums….
6. Stuffed animals of any kind
7. Facetiming with Aunt Brenna and Uncle Tyler and their poochie, Gracie
8. Cooking- real cooking- he loves helping mama in the kitchen. And pretend cooking- dragging out all the pots and pans….
9. Ice Cream aka “IIIIICE”
10. Sleeping in the craziest places and positions….
11. Playing “Cowboy”
12. He’s an overall daredevil…
12. He’s STARTING to FINALLY want something to do with his little brother. He was pretty indifferent for a while.
13. BUC-EEEEEEES!!! He LOVES Buc-ee and all things related! @Buc-ees
14. Having someone to play with. He LOVES other kids and truly has a heart of Gold.
15. Playing peek-a-boo wherever possible!
16. He’s obsessed with his “lankie” or “lanka” aka “Blanket”
17. and last but not least he fills our hearts to bursting more than I ever thought possible. He looks so sweet and peaceful…and grown in this picture. Now please excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out because I’ve realized how quickly my baby cakes is growing up. Cherish your babies, folks. They don’t keep for but a second.